Thursday, July 8, 2010

Caipirinha

Every once in awhile I get the urge to go a little tropical, imagine I'm looking out at the blue ocean, sitting in some open air restaurant, snacking on something caught minutes before it hit my plate...ok, pull it together. This weekend happened to be one of those moments and to celebrate my wanderlust, I decided to mix up the perfect exotic beverage, the caipirinha.


This drink is really a glass of cahaca, a Brazilian rum made from sugar cane...also known as a rum that forces the liquor store guy to climb a ladder to retrieve, that is garnished with a bit of lime and fine sugar. It's strong, but incredibly tasty and oh so tropical.


1 comment:

  1. yum! takes me right back to brazil - drank them for hours every day at cafes. you & paul have to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.