Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Coconut rice

Whenever it hits me that I don't have a topical getaway planned for the summer, I like to make my home feel a bit more exotic, even if it's just through a few small touches. Last night, I prepared an incredibly easy batch of coconut rice that had the perfect aroma of sweet coconut milk, fit for a warm (imaginary) ocean front dinner.




All you need is 1 cup of Basmati rice and a can of light coconut milk. Prepare the rice according to the package, but instead of water, substitute in the milk. The creamy rice needs a dash of salt and it's ready to accompany any sort of fresh fish or stir-fry of your choice. I went for a pepper, onion, and chicken combo, sauteed then simmered in ginger sauce.

...and for another little rice cooking spruce up, add a few tea bags to the boiling water (like jasmine or lemon tea) for a lightly flavored twist.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.