Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Toasted hazelnut and white chocolate cookies

Sometimes baking cookies from scratch sounds like one of the most delectable tasks and since I rarely cook from scratch, I figured I'd go all out. While the Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe will remain a mainstay, a little bit of gourmet, at times, sounds more enticing. After purchasing a bag of Ghiradelli white chocolate chips and some fresh whole hazelnuts, I entered the kitchen prepared to make a bakery worthy treat. Using this basic cookie recipe, I substituted the familiar milk chocolate chips with the white chocolate version and some rough chopped fresh hazelnuts. 15 minutes later...and a few sheets in the oven... my kitchen table was stacked with a crunchy fresh baked treat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.