Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bite sized delivery


What can be better than getting home from work only to find a package waiting for you on your doorstep? The only thing better is when the contents are something sweet, like these adorably retro "cakes" from Cake Monkey (take a moment to awww at that name). The company makes bite sized cakes that look like mini versions of their gourmet parents. My snack version came wrapped inside some familiar looking tin foil that tasted so much better than the processed version. These little guys used to be sold across the street from my apartment, but I never indulged in the sweet. I figured a gift was the perfect excuse to finally try one, especially one that was red velvet with raspberry and a thick smear of sweet cream...a tasty end to the day.

7 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely divine! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm following you via Bloglovin' :)

    The-Loudmouth.com
    Twitter @theloudermouth
    Valentine Blog Event

    ReplyDelete
  2. love cake monkey :) i just posted a pic from silverlake wine....yum!!! next time you are in town we have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cakes look soooo good, tiny yet very delicious looking!
    It's a cool idea, that of doing mini versions of great cakes...damm I want cake now :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! now i really want a cake... and i was doing so well on the self discipline today ;)

    bex

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO gorgeous. so cute and now I want to find them and eat them all. :) Oh Jaclyn.....you naughty girl....for introducing me to this cuteness.

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin - A Toronto based personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, nice blog and shots :)
    Thx for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.