Thursday, January 20, 2011

Personal hug

H&M sweater, H&M dress, Hue tights, Calvin Klein socks, Prada booties




Some mornings I grab for my jeans and shirt, throw on my jacket, then run to the car (tip-toe delicately on the ice) with five minutes to make it to work. Basically, I'm usually rushing out the door, but some mornings I get tired of the usual uniform and spend a little more time planning an outfit. The other day I had the urge to wear a skirt no matter how cold it was outside, so I threw on my trusty black tights, heavy knitted socks, and the only sweater in my wardrobe that allows me to tuck in my arms and provide a little extra warmth. Maybe it's a little impolite to offer a hug to myself and no one else, but the cozy feeling is worth a quick moment of rudeness.


Also, thank you so much to Tereza, Theo, and Miss K for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award. It was such a sweet surprise and I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to know that other people are enjoying what I'm writing. Check out their lovely blogs!

8 comments:

  1. you've just received a blog award :) enter here to see what it's about http://wyh-fashion.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is so pretty! it kind of reminds me of an ice skating outfit- i think it is the tights/socks/boots combo. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we’ve planned a Michigan blogger meet-up on Friday, Feb 11 in Ann Arbor. More details: http://wp.me/ph1hP-1a5 Hope you can come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I hear Michigan? I'm from the mitten myself, now living in LA.

    Anyway, I adore that wall color! Your outfit is cute, yet still comfy -- the best way to be.

    The-Loudmouth.com
    Style Blogger Contest
    Valentine Blog Event

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not agree with you more....it is a super cute and comfy outfit...just what every girl deserve in this freezing winter.

    Ahem...I could not help but say this....your nightstand is gorgeous. Is from the Hayworth collection at Pier 1?

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin - A Toronto based personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jaclyn! Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog. I adore your blog, it's beautiful and so are your outfits. Great to connect with you and I am off to follow on bloglovin; look forward to seeing more outfit posts. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this outfit! I really adore your style too.

    blessings,
    bex

    http://bexastylediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! so cute

    pls visit and follow my blog on http://myfashionstateofmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.