Sunday, March 13, 2011

Double peanut butter cookies

Last week was a touch miserable, filled with a cold-ridden boy and a cut thumb that left my had pretty much useless for several days (I cut it last week and had to get stitches). Therefore, a little comfort was needed and I decided to go into baking mode, mixing up the child-time favorite, peanut butter cookies. True to the week of mishaps, the first batch ended up slightly less than tasty (that's what I get for trying to use the all natural recipe), so I turned to the homestyle classic, JIF, used this recipe that was equally memorable, and threw in a handful of chopped peanuts for crunch. The house was filled with the familiar nutty smell and dunked into a glass of milk, the comforting flavor was just what we needed to get ready for a week that will be infinitely better.




9 comments:

  1. I love love love peanut butter cookies! I have to try these out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe sounds lovely!!

    I actually bought peanut butter and chocolate chip ones from TJ's this week and wow...that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum that looks so delicious! love the photos as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your stitches:( I had that happen to me with a Rachel Ray knife...NOT fun...the cookies do look great:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried those cakes! I will, you made me hungry!
    Pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. wow. definitely trying out this recipe ASAP. yummmmm!
    kitty clotheshorse

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg these look sooooo good

    <3 steffy
    steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy , those look delicious... im hungry -lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! Yours is pretty darn cool!! Love it. Now a follower hope you'll follow me... http://thoughtsandthingsfromthebirdonawire.blogspot.com
    my boyfriend loves peanut butter will be trying out the recipe tomorrow. Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.