Friday, June 10, 2011

Fancy Friday

A surprise gift of macarons & a dream rack of wedding gowns during my last dress fitting

As I'm sure you can begin to tell from reading my blog, I have my fair share of girly moments that include some sort of sugar filled confection, an arranged bouquet of flowers, or flirty summer dresses. However, sometimes the weeks fly by, the daily routine becomes the norm, and before I know it, I haven't indulged in that special something that is enjoyed purely for the sake of being fancy. For me, it can be as small as a swirl on a latte or more meaningful, like a special trip with a loved one, but taking a moment to reminisce about the moments of luxury in life (that often pass without notice) seems like the best way to start a weekend...and why not call it Fancy Friday! So, I hope you all look forward to this at the end of the week and I would love to hear about your weekly fancy indulgences as well.

17 comments:

  1. This looks like a beautiful day, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,love this post!!!Simply amazing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post
    chloe-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pictures are lovely! you have a wonderful blog! I'm following you :)

    I hope you follow back.

    kisses,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indulgence for me this week will be dipping into a pool getting my hair did and painting my nails...talk about girly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so, so lovely. I think my indulgence this week is going to be getting a professional haircut - - I've never done it before! Haha.

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun, cute little feature. The little macaroons are so adorable in their little box :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach and to a fancy English Tudor style inn for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the macaroons :) I guess one of my fancy moments could be the glass of champagne I drink before dinner every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I'm dying to try macarons. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ungh, macaroons. I miss this most about not being able to eat gluten. I need to figure out how to make gluten free ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Macarons... Come to Paris dear and take you to places... sweetest of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful post - love all the beautiful white ruffled dresses and the french macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of Fancy Friday! These pictures are lovely :) And I love fancy things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful idea it made me smile :D I imagine that I will be eating macaroons whilst picking my wedding dress someday.. :P
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much for commenting on my page! Isn't polyvore so addicting?!! Love these two indulgences, following you! Hope you return back to mine:)

    xo,
    Love Shots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.