Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer wraps

During the summer I like to dream about lounging on the beach, drinking something on ice, and maintaining flawlessly air-styled hair. Unfortunately, my life has yet to turn me into an all summer jet-setter and the morning routine doesn't quite include a salt water styling session. Instead of giving up on the vacation beauty routine, I've worked up some perfect hairdos that incorporate that effortless summer feeling into everyday life with a little help from a drawer full of fun and bright scarves. Over the years, I've found myself drawn to vibrant scarves, they're the perfect accessory that require little attention while dressing, but instantly perk up a look. Paired with soft tousled hair, a just washed high bun, or a retro pouf, these little strips of silk and chiffon are the perfect way to mentally jet off somewhere tropical.

Tie a long scarf into a large bow right behind your ear, then loosely gather hair into a low bun.

Gather front section of hair into a small pouf and secure with pins. Cover with a medium size scarf folded into a strip.

Pull hair into a high bun then wrap base with a small scarf.

Tease the crown of your head then gather hair into a ponytail. Wrap with a medium scarf and let ends hang long.

21 comments:

  1. SO CUTE. I CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE THESE A TRY!


    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Jaclyn, this is lovely. I adore all of your scarf ideas, and can't wait to try some... now I just need to find a the perfect scarf! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these looks! I just wanna go play :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely. I love your new header, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW,love this post!!!Thanks for sharing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh you look so cute here and I love all these styles :) they look great on you!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love incorporating scarves into an outfit, especially using them in my hair which is jet black and sometimes warrants a dash of colour. I love the high bun style particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love scarves in hair! Ok, I love scarves anywhere. I'm a scarf person. I've never seen one tied around the bun like that - it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally need to try the scarves in the hair look...so cute! i do the bun thing everyday, so it will be nice to change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute they all look so good on you, not sure if I'd be able to pull it off though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I like these a lot! I actually wore a scarf today! in the style of your second photo, these pics inspire me to do it more often and in different ways, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i need to try scarving my hair now!! you made so many fab hairstyles with it :) x



    thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. umm... you are just tooooo cute! i love how you styled all the scarves on your hair! i'm gonna have to try your first one... hope i don't look ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these ideas! I've been wanting a new hair style so bad, but just don't want to cut my hair! These would be great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek these are great styles! You look lovely! I am looking forward to trying one :)I am a scarf lover too ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these hair wraps! I too dream of lounging on the beach [hehe] I really like the style in the bottom image, i think i'll have to give it a try =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the first pic with the low bun and bow! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute looks and nice tips! i know during the summer months i hate having my hair in my face..i definitely need to invest in some hair scarves!
    thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog! :)

    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  19. The last one is very very cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.