Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taste of home


Now that life has fully gone into summer mode I've begun to notice the city opening up. People are cheerful, weekends are productive, and there is always a festival or activity to visit. One of my favorite, and recently discovered, warm weather additions is nestled between a few parking lots and rests on a concrete slab...the food cart collective, Mark's Carts. LA had its explosion of roaming food vehicles and their daily routes were one of my favorite things to track (I still follow Coolhaus just for fun), but after moving to Ann Arbor I figured I could only indulge in their tasty creations when I visited home. So, I was pretty excited to happen upon the mitten's addition to the mobile food gang. The sunny patio houses a handful of tasty vendors, ranging from steamed pork buns to seasonally inspired breakfast burritos. This weekend Paul and I treated ourselves to an al fresco lunch after a long morning of redecorating. Perched on a wall, under a tree, with a cold soda was the perfect way to enjoy the afternoon.



13 comments:

  1. Great glitter nails!
    chloe-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your nails and mmm Orange soda. I could go for that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos and I love your nails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound like some seriously good eats and I'm loving your mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks nothing short of delicious!

    I love your nail and your newly married bling too! Just beautiful.

    You are so sweet :)


    Virginie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food carts have been popping up everywhere in my city, too and it's so much fun to try all of the different things. This one looks pretty awesome, I have to say. And your wedding ring set is just gorgeous :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. your nail polish is amazing!!!

    xx M

    ReplyDelete
  8. the food looks amazing and your nail polish is GORGEOUS, please tell me where you got it!



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy crapola that food looks so friggen good!!! i really need to start visiting more food trucks. the food never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious and I LOVE your nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the nails colour! nice pics :) following

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous! And at least you have one awesome food truck! As far as I know, Maine is food truck free... unless you go to like a festival or something. A real tragedy. Food-truck-wise at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.