Thursday, July 28, 2011

Arugula & ricotta spaghetti with lemon


Many days I have a clear vision of what I want to make for dinner. Usually there is something waiting in the fridge that has its corresponding pieces, which whip up nicely into a complete meal. Other nights, I stare blankly at the fridge and exclaim "Let's have breakfast for dinner!" toast and eggs it is. Last night was the latter, but when I got past the horror of realizing I had only one egg sitting in its little crate, I racked my brain a little more and concocted this recipe for arugula and ricotta spaghetti with lemon. Using ingredients that always tend to live in my kitchen and finally putting to use a few of the dozens of lemons I seem to buy every week, I stirred in the remaining fresh arugula and creamy ricotta to make a surprisingly light summer meal. Although I can never pass up the browned glory that is toast, I was happy with my last minute dinner plans.




Arugula & ricotta spaghetti with lemon
3/4 pack of spaghetti
1 lemon (zest first, then juice)
2-3 cups arugula
1/2 cup ricotta
salt & pepper

-Boil water and cook spaghetti according to package. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water

-Return pasta to pot and stir in lemon zest and juice, arugula, ricotta, salt & pepper, and pasta water.

-Stir until ricotta has coated everything evenly.

20 comments:

  1. this sounds really great. bookmarking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet delicious! Will be trying! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. I love lemon spaghetti and arugula + ricotta makes anything better so I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy.. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so simple xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw- the cutting board!!! Well worn with knife marks already :) xoxo

    Www.California-alisun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good, simple pasta recipe. This looks very summer time and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious, I am a huge pasta fan!
    Thanks for your sweet comment a while back, would love you to follow. You have a great blog. I was wondering how you restricted the size of your main posting area and sidebar and centered them both because I am having a lot of trouble with my layout!
    x


    www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate those days when you're racking your brain for what to make, and most of the times end up making the same thing over and over again, or worse, nothing! This is a refreshing meal! Sounds so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! And I love the idea of a fresh and citrusy recipe for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, now I'm hungry! I think I need to try this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg that looks sooo good! i often find myself in the same predicament, but it's fun to experiment with whatever i find in my fridge!


    Blog | Twitter | Shop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohmygosh this sounds delicious, I am definitely saving this recipe! Thank you for sharing!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks sooo yummy! I love anything lemony and zesty so I will have to give this a try soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm that looks so delicious! Love the blog! xx
    http://soletthemeatcake.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just came across this post..I love arugular, ricotta, spaghetti & lemon and together this sounds delicious-will definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I´ve been reading your blog for a while and I must say that I love it!!
    It reminds me a lot to the style of "Cupcakes and cashemire" which I also love!!
    Keep on going sweetie! You do a good job!
    Love from Spain!

    http://somestylestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ommmmmg, we're drooling over here!!!

    Love,
    Planet Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.