Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Staples

Zara skirt, Cynthia Rowley top, vintage bracelets, vintage belt, Prada boots

I love creating outfits with the pieces in my closet that I just can't let go of. While I may stare blankly at the closet more than a few times a week thinking "If only I had something like this...", I do like to keep my favorite pieces in the rotation. This vest was one of my first vintage purchases and I have worked it into my attire ever since I found it hanging on one of the stuffed racks in a vintage store back home. Paired with a skirt that gets the same amount of wear, I put together a look that worked in my favorite silky materials for the season.




On a side note, you may have noticed that the plants from this post are gone. That's because I accidentally killed them and their little twiggy remnants are carefully cropped out. FYI, I can't keep plants alive unless they are cut, wrapped in paper, and ready to drop into a vase.

14 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this outfit! Something that I'd wear myself! I love every piece!


    xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful but ... the skirt: TO DIE FOR. cute.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful outfit, especially the skirt! I really like your blog and following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just commented on your lovely look on chictopia, following your blog now dear come visit mine follow if you like, keep in touch bloggin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skirt - one of those that will be jumping out and grabbing you from hanging in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA i'm absolutely rubbish with plants too. Love the outfit.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely outfit :) beautiful skirt & I love the boots they add a nice touch to it all

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pots were way to small for those plants! You should get a super slow growing plant like a succulent and I bet you would have success :)

    www.california-alisun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like each of these pieces - and I'd never think of wearing them together, but they work so perfectly!

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. great vest, i would definitely keep it in rotation too, an i like how you paired it with the skirt! lol i'm afraid to buy any house plants for fear they'd be dead in a week :P:

    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt !
    http://mesconfessionsparisiennes.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.