Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Settling in & looking back

Every time I look back on the past few months, I realize how fast the summer went by, then I shockingly exclaim "Wow, I got married this summer!". It's amazing how fast the months pass and the whirlwind of planning, celebrating, and traveling, are quickly over and life is supposed to go back to normal amidst a haze of wedding buzz. Now that the gifts are finally put away and the last thank you note has been placed in the mailbox, I really feel like it's time to settle in. Of course, the cozy weather and holiday planning really help that along. Although the wrapped boxes and cards have all been opened, every now and then I like to peak at the stack of photos, pull out a few of the hidden shots that made the day so special, and relive the moment.







Does anyone else get that same feeling of looking back on something and realizing how quickly the time has passed? I'd love to hear how you like to remember any big moments in your life.

Also, don't forget that Friday I'll be picking a winner for the adorable r-ki-tekt custom Greidon Bow, make sure to enter!

8 comments:

  1. I have been married for 10 years and when I look back at the photos it seems like just yesterday.
    I have a gallery of black and white photos that line our foyer with snippets of the past 11 years spent with my husband. Each photo tells a story about a magical moment in time...

    Congratulations, you made a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you post images from your wedding I have butterflies in my stomach Jaclyn.
    Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they're beautiful pictures and it looks like an amazing day - congrats! I find it quite shocking sometimes how quickly time seems to pass and then try to slow down and take it the small moments...

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely pictures! I think you are spot on, pictures are worth a thousand words and I usually document my biggest memories with them. (Along with calling up my best friends and reliving the event all over again.) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing wedding photos.. and you look so pretty in them!!!

    <3, J

    http://missjess211.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are just beautiful

    http://fluorescent-adolescense.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.