Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tangerine Tango


1. Kartel, Lizz Chair
2. DL Rhein, Zig Zag Orange Pillow
3. NIV, Jacqui Coffee Table
4. Kate's Paperie, Paperthinks Notebook
5. Karma Living, Pom Pom Blanket
6. Anthropologie, Climbing Vines Curtain

I am a big Pantone fan so when they announced the 2012 color of the year, Tangerine Tango, last week, I already started thinking of new ways to infuse the hue into my decorating. A tangerine lip or a bright dress are my first thoughts when it comes to the citrusy shade, but I'd also like to incorporate it in a way that can last a bit longer. Adding a pop of tangerine in the living room, office, even on the walls seems like the perfect way to acknowledge the trend without going overboard. Mixed with cream, white, silver, even similar shades like coral and fuchsia, tangerine can look fun and sophisticated.

10 comments:

  1. Adore the cushion xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new color of the year!! The chevron pillow and throw blanket are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove tangerine color. So happy looking. Very fun!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love tangerines, tangerine color too. best for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I'm a big fan of orange is all shades. "Tangerine Tango" certainly has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE those blinds! What a fun color, leave it to Pantone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a girl after my own heart. Tangerine, orange...love it! Favorite color.

    So glad I discovered your blog! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That throw pillow is so fun! I might need it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog! You are the first person to have left me a comment that is not a family member or friend. I actually just started the blog to share with everyone I knew the renovation process of my first home. I have no idea how you even came across it : ) Well, I love your tangerine choices, particularly the curtains. Its a fun way to infuse color without fully having to commit!

    thisshack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.