Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade oreos


I'm pretty good about not buying sweet things and since I've been on my juice kick lately, the drive to keep eating fresh fruits and veggies is even stronger. However, when my kitchen appliances seem to whimper more than usual and a passing head cold begs for something comforting and tasty, I tend to give in to the sugary thoughts and bake something. Last week I decided to make homemade oreos using this recipe, which resulted in a tasty few nights of cookies and milk with their sickness soothing power. The ingredient list is pretty short and the cookies bake in no time. I got a little heavy handed with the dough rounds, but the oversized oreos were really nothing to complain about. The sweet cookies were short lived and the next day I was back to healthy foods and juices, but the midweek indulgence was a nice treat.



11 comments:

  1. This look divine! They look a little bit like flatter whoopie pies. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look super yummy! And I'm sure they taste WAAAAY better than the real deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, these oreos look scrumptious! And I love the styling in that last photo with the STACK of all stacks and glass bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Homemade Oreos" = music to my ears! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh good grief. these look insane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these looks amazing! Homemade cookies are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look so good! I love oreos and these look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! Are the cookies crunchy or chewy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are actually pretty crunchy once you take them out of the oven and let them sit.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.