Monday, April 16, 2012

The blues

Clockwise from top left: Blumarine silk tunic, Alexander McQueen skull print scarf, Callula Lillibellepolka dot chiffon dress, Reiss Melia printed panel dress, Miss Selfridge skirt, Charlie by Mathew Zink Charlie silk-chiffon maxi dress

I've shared my tangerine, moss, and garden colored Spring picks already, but for as much as I love most vibrant hues, I also appreciate the delicate and watery shades found in the blue color family. As we get closer to Summer, I can feel myself longing for sandy beaches and warm strolls through quaint oceanside towns (probably because this time last year I was getting ready for a trip to mexico!). Since blue is such a rich color on its own, I love how it looks paired with a delicate fabric like chiffon. The combination creates a perfectly airy look that travels well and offers a subtle touch of color that is just as alluring as a pop of orange or coral.Pair it with sleek t-strap sandals, a worn in leather tote, and a post-ocean dip ponytail...or just a post-shower dip.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that polka dot dress is awesome, such a chic and cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i love that skirt! looking for something like that lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! Blue has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that REISS dress is just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the scarf definitely! i love how subtle the blue print is and the silk chiffon maxi dress is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.