Friday, April 6, 2012

Road trip


One of the hardest parts about living far from home (Los Angeles) is missing quality moments with family and friends. Easter has always been a family gathering time that I look forward to every year; lots of tasty food, leisurely brunch, and quality time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Unfortunately, this year Paul and I didn't make the trip home so instead of sitting around we're packing up our weekend bags and heading to Chicago! The city is one of my favorite places to visit and we've planned a weekend full of new discoveries, restaurants, and shopping. To make Easter feel special we'll be finishing off the weekend (and enjoying a few mimosas) with brunch at Sepia, a place I've been dying to try. For any Chicago dwellers (or visitors) out there, I would love to hear your tips on places to go in the city.

...and even though I won't be cooking this holiday, for those of you who need a little inspiration for Easter food, make sure to check out my recipe section for a few ideas. I Love the meyer lemon crepe cake, blueberry ricotta pastries, and honey brie puffs for some easy brunch bites and a memorable dessert.

I'll be tweeting on the ride there, so make sure to send me your favorite Chicago locales. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. ooh, how fun. I've heard the best things about Chicago and can't wait to go there myself once =) ! Have a great time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to Eater Sunday too. Nothing beats awesome family time. Have fun, Jaclyn. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun my dear! We went to Chicago last month and had a great time. It's such a fun city!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.