Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Daily Buzz Style 9x9: Accessory organization

This week I'll be participating in a special edition of Daily Buzz Style 9x9 for May that highlights accessory organization. I've always had an eclectic way of organizing my jewelry, with little bowls of necklaces and rings (here is my DIY for them) tucked around my home, stands of sunglasses, and vintage boxes holding trinkets and gems. I like to arrange a selection of accessories that act as both home decor and outfit options. On top of my dresser are a collection of treasured pieces like a red leather watch box and silver tray of perfumes mixed with statement earrings. On my desk a tiny hand holds rings, while a separate dresser holds a vintage jewelry box filled with pieces from all ages of my life. This type of decorating allows me to display the cherished pieces, while holding on to older sentimental treasures in a stylish way.

Does anyone else have a creative way of storing accessories? I would love to hear of new ways to display jewelry...especially since it's a great excuse to collect more.

Also, I hope you noticed that I've changed the layout of Stay in the Lines. I felt like it was time to de-clutter and move my work forward in a more streamlined layout. If you are interested in advertising on my site, feel free to email me for rates or with any questions, I'd love to hear from you!

8 comments:

  1. The re-design looks great. For jewelry, I have two vintage frames, with screen stretched across the back and cute drawer pulls drilled into the sides of the frames. I hang necklaces off of them and use hooks through the screen to hang more things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you re-designed your blog! looks very clean! and about the accessories, i did a few diys on my blog on bracelet, ring, and other jewelry holder and they turned out great. check it out if you want. :)

    http://sip-n-wear.blogspot.com/p/diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. currently? oh you know, piles of tangled necklaces everywhere.... lol I really need to find a way to organize them all. It's a struggle (literally) every time I go to grab a necklace to wear *sigh* love your pretty silver tray, bowls and green vintage jewelry box! You make it all look so simply chic :)
    Xox <3 hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized, I love that. if we keep the jewels messy, never can find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I keep all the baubles I wear on a daily basis in a little silver coaster on my nightstand, and John hates when I replace it with anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was more organized with my jewellery! Love the website makeover by the way!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty.

    I recently stuck my collection of vintage pins on a DIY memo board in rainbow color order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the mirrored tray, need one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.