Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Secret weapon

It's time for another secret weapon post and this one is for the wardrobe. Last time I talked about this little makeup saver, something that will definitely become a Summer staple, but I also wanted to share an item that I've come to love for evenings out and for the office. A simple pair of glitter flats provide the perfect embellishment for any outfit and can even compete with the tallest of heels. In fact, I took my pair home this weekend and transitioned them from my airport look of denim and a striped tee, to dinner with friends in rust colored jeans and a silk blouse. The key is to go for a standout shade, like gold, with a sleek low profile. A simple round toe and crushed glitter are my secret weapon for a wear anywhere shoe that works day and night, while adding sparkle to your step.

10 comments:

  1. oh yes i think i love this secret weapon.well we all need some sparkling i guess :) lovely choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to ballerinas flats, every single time, and these ones are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must be on the same wave length talking about flats on the same day! Can't go no wrong with the glitter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are the perfect secret weapons! Xox <3 hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flats, I must have them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent tip! My secret weapon lately (in the shoe department, that is) is a pair of simple nude heels. I wear them Everywhere and they look perfect with skinny jeans as well as wrap dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true!! I have a couple pairs and wore them multiple times a week during the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these...you can seriously wear them every day. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sparkle in your step is right - I don't had glitter flats but I do own glitter heels and they go with everything. Great tip!

    www.styleonthecouch.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.