Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BBQ table styling


Recently I teamed up with Heather from HMN Photography to put together some fun projects to collaborate on this Summer. Since I can never turn down an opportunity to style something for a party, we thought a little BBQ table decor would be the perfect way to showcase an easy to re-create table setting for an early evening get-together. Glass vases bursting with wildflowers and peonies, paired with a classic checked tablecloth and yellow accents provided the perfect canvas for a delicious meal of homemade pickles, jalapeno cornbread, smoked chicken, and grilled veggies (yum!).



I used paper napkins to create an inexpensive, but colorful addition to each place setting. Twine and scalloped tags with everyone's names added a perfect personalized touch, while simple white plates allowed the food and surrounding decorations to pop. Glass milk bottles in various heights created a garden-like feel and gave the table a romantic edge. I picked full blossoms and scattered in a few garden roses of the same color.

Clockwise from upper right: Lemon Divine Twine (my favorite gift wrapping item!), Metal frame tags, Checkered table cloth, Vintage style milk bottles

12 comments:

  1. Peonies are my favorite flowers, so so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely and perfect for a casual meal outdoors! The milk bottles are so pretty full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tablescape! I'm loving the more unique milk bottles as a twist on the trendy mason jar. Those pig napkins couldn't be cuter either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the mix of bottles and jars!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. Way more stylish than the BBQs I attend (unfortunately) :)

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really neat and unique!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This table is just perfect–I'm a sucker for gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this table is PERFECT for a BBQ it's so stylish and classy yet simple enough for a BBQ. I love it ;)

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? Let me know on my blog if you would follow me and I will follow you immediately Have a great day honey
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mason jar/floral arrangement, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.