Friday, June 1, 2012

Lemon curd raspberry tart

Photo by HMN Photography

I really enjoy my time in the kitchen, whether it's cooking dinner or baking something sweet over the weekend, but I've never ventured into pie / tart territory. Something about the crust, blind baking, and filling always seemed too overwhelming. For a friend's BBQ I wanted to make something fruity and fresh, but couldn't find a cookie recipe that fit the bill. Again I was faced with my crust fears and found only tart recipes that were summery enough for the afternoon meal. After following this easy recipe for crust I started to gain a little confidence that my tart skills were ready to be discovered. The filling came together easily and the meticulous placement of each raspberry was actually a very enjoyable task (I didn't even want to go out that night because assembling my tart sounded like more fun). Once arranged I found myself ecstatically jumping through my home exclaiming that my first tart was ready! The bright lemon flavor and slight tang of the raspberries worked perfectly with the flaky crust and because of the two disks of dough waiting for me in the freezer my baking adventures just expanded a bit. The crust recipe will leave you with enough dough to make a few tarts (I used this recipe rather than the one from the original). To fill and assemble, I followed this recipe, but left off the jam glaze on the raspberries. Something about a glossy thick gel on a pie always sounds pretty gross to me.





12 comments:

  1. Yum, I am so hungry now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness! never ever made a pie in my life, but that looks soooo good i might even have to try to make it! yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUMMM! This looks amazing!! Totally want to make this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmm this goes on my "must bake" list!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious. I'm really tempted to try this out right now!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to do this with strawberries, has to be so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this looks gorgeous! I agree about the glaze part, its a huge turn off

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God…This is so so cool. Your blog totally rocks!!!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is one beautiful tart! I'm hosting a party every month and in June the theme is Summer Fruits, why not link this sweetie up?! I would love you to join!

    http://meandmysweets.blogspot.se/2012/06/my-sweet-party-june-summer-fruits.html

    Your blog is lovely btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.