Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Secret weapon: Kabuki brush

Kabuki brush by Sonia Kashuk

Similar to my obsession with watching cooking shows then attempting to translate them from the TV to my kitchen, makeup videos come in at a close second in my tutorial love. I'm always game for testing out a new product or switching out a muted color for something a little more eye catching, but once I find a routine I love, I like to make it my standard. Liquid liner, black mascara, and bronzer are the products I reach for, but I've always wanted to know how to create the perfect canvas on which these products can shine (rather glow because shine isn't the best way to describe your face). After catching up on a number of makeup lessons from a number of sources, I settled on the perfect way to apply that initial layer of foundation that will set the tone for your entire face. It doesn't lie in the product, but rather the surprising tool used to apply it. The kabuki brush is well known for it's mineral makeup counterpart, but test it out with a liquid foundation and the flawless glow is undeniable. The application has become my go-to each morning and I've not only noticed a smoother face, but consistent coverage throughout the day as well. It's my little secret weapon that has cleared up my foundation curiosity.

Also, don't forget to enter the Besotted Brand giveaway. A beautifully packaged box of wrapping twine from this amazing brand will be sent to the winner. Plus, everyone who enters gets 50% off their entire store, so you have no excuse to not enter.

6 comments:

  1. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Kabuki brush. I tend to smear on the foundation rather unevenly so this may be the solution to my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Bare Minerals Kabuki brush and I love it! It works better than any other brush I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great brush! I have been looking for new makeup brush...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need that kabuki!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a genius find–I'll have to give it a shot! Hell, most anything is smoother and chic than your fingers, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brush makes such a difference when applying make up. I'll have to not the kabuki brush next time I shop. Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.