Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall beauty with Glam Beauty Board



It is almost October and I'm already furiously planning, pinning, and preparing for all things Fall weather related. As a girl from California, it's pretty shocking that I enjoy this mysterious season between summer and winter, but I've come to love these cozy months that balance perfect levels of crisp days, comfortable layers, and an invitation to enjoy the fresh outdoors. Of course, beauty routines are a huge part of this changing season so I am very excited to share the amazing products sent to me in the Fall Glam Beauty Board package.

Let's begin with shower-time and the my need for moisture. A week ago the humidity in the air dropped slightly and my skin completely dried out, hair frizzed, and pretty much all attempts to appear somewhat presentable passed away with the summer. I am a dedicated all over moisturizer, but definitely needed to switch over to some heavier products for all of my morning and night routines. This month's pack of beauty goodies came equipped with everything I needed to keep my skin in check and hair smooth, along with a few key makeup items to spruce up the makeup drawer.

The prep steps:  

The first three items I tested were Dove's Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and Conditioner, along with Juara Coffee Scrub. I'm a bit of a spa lover so anything that makes me feel like I'm about to indulge in a treatment is something I would love to have at home. The scrub is luxuriously packaged and contains a deep brown rub that smells exactly like coffee and cocoa, while the shampoo and conditioner have a wonderfully thick consistency.

Emerging from my shower freshly scrubbed, I tested Eucerin's Daily Protective Moisturizer. I'm a sunscreen advocate so this lightweight daily smoother has become my morning application ritual. Moving from the body to the face, I tried out LaFace PUR Purifying Facial Wash along with Dr. LeWinn Wrinkle Repair Day & Night Cream. These two items have never popped up in my face product searches, but turned out to be perfect solutions to my dry skin problem. The moisturizer has a fresh scent while the face wash is the perfect go-to moisturizer because it contains a toner and wash together. I finished off my seasonal moisturizing ritual with Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Protector. I have to admit I was very excited to try this one because I am a sucker for anything that says "sleek" or "restorative"...throw in "serum" and I'm hooked. Descriptive words aside, this item is the key to long-hair, frizz prone coifs.


The Beautifying:

I have built a bit of a makeup collection over the years, but I have never been that good at switching out my compacts and tubes with the season. The beauty box offered an array of items that help hold on to the summer glow while looking forward to Fall's biggest trends like deep wine hues. The never ending summer hits were Lorac TANtilizer and Benefit Bella Bamba Blush. The boxes look perfect displayed on the counter alone, but their contents are the key to an easily contoured face. Lorac's product offers a non-shimmer tan for contouring, while its partner in the pack is a shimmering highlighter. A swipe of Bella Bamba over the top gives an extra pink punch.


I was especially excited to find a makeup bag in this month's box, partly because the one I have been using is from...high school, but also because this one from Modella holds the right amount of products without looking overstuffed. Almay's arsenal of awakening makeup are great everyday shades. I've always seen this brand as a clean-face staple and the Wakeup Liquid Makeup, Wakeup Eyeshadow/Primer, and Wakeup Eyeliner/Highlighter achieved that easy glow I want in the morning. Accompanied by these everyday hues were two rebellious additions, A Mark Make it Rich Lip Crayon and Orly Nail Lacquer in Smolder. Two ways I'm planning on taking my look a bit further into the darker shades this Fall.




All of these products were such an exciting way to welcome the new season and I couldn't wait to share them with everyone. If you want to know more about any of these or have a few of your own Fall beauty staples, let me know in the comments, I would love to hear.


Discloser: This post contains products that were gifted by the manufacturer/ PR Firm for review. The reviews however are my own and reflect my feelings on the items presented.

3 comments:

  1. oh so many beauty products.i love dove!
    Join my ZARA BAG GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh my wrinkles need to be gone!! Great post!! New follower on BlogLovin!! Feel free to follow back!! Have a great weekend!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3811068/bohemian-treehouse/follow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.