Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hints of Halloween


For the past two years Paul and I have hosted a pumpkin carving party (seen here and here), but this year, with an influx of work and apartment rearranging, our place wasn't really entertaining ready so we spent most of the weekend out. Since I can't celebrate a holiday without a bit of decorating, I decided to pull out my favorite bits of decor and throw an impromptu party for the two of us. Rather than put together a big spread of treats and seasonal cocktails I opted for what I've deemed the classy Halloween. With the 1931 Dracula playing in the background we hollowed out pumpkins, snacked on appetizers, and toasted with champagne (I did give in to buying candy corn however). My favorite skeletons donned the bar and counter, while skulls appeared scattered throughout our candle trays and dining room table. Melted tapers and a glittering skull completed this year's look and in the end the hidden bits of Halloween decor created a scene that was as fancy as it was scary.

4 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Very atmospheric of Halloween!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skull candles are all sorts of awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.