Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cheetah groupie


Last weekend during a pre-dinner shopping excursion I happened upon this amazing coat packed into a rack at a local vintage store. The moment I put it on I knew I wasn't leaving it behind. Every now and then a thrifted find turns into an incredible closet staple and this cheetah coat had all of the right features to make it a keeper. Oversized buttons and a boxy feel make this coat a perfect layer over tights, a daytime dress, or cropped jeans and ballet flats. I decided to create a slightly seventies groupie feel by pairing my new coat with slim black pants and broken in boots. Throw in a few beams of sunshine on a nature-path stroll and the look builds a story of breaks between sets, backstage evenings at an outdoor concert, and a little fresh air before jumping on the bus.

Does anyone else have an item in their closet that transports them to another era or mood?

Photos by HMN Photography, for more images from this shoot check out Facebook and Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. Missy, you are gorgeous, I love the second image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tereza! That is so sweet of you.

      Delete
  2. Love this look! We featured it on Glam today! http://blogs.glam.com/glamchic/2012/11/07/animal-attraction-a-touch-of-cheetah/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find!!! Stunning coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing find!! Wow! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might actually be drooling over this coat, what an amazing find! You're making me want to ditch the textbooks and go thrifting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun coat! And I definitely love the other elements you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coat, Jac! What a find. I have to say my cropped leopard jacket is fun to wear because it makes me feel 60's chic. The power of leopard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you look absolutely gorgeous in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are beautiful! You know I love a good feline print...especially on a jacket. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.