Monday, November 5, 2012

Cobalt closet and decor

In the closet: Dress, Tibi; Scarf, Leif; Earrings, Oscar de la Renta; Pants, J Brand; Sweater, Marcus Lupfer; Bag, Coach; Eyeshadow, Nars
In the home: Small glass, Terrain; Agate coasters, Terrain; Frame, Zara Home; Vase, Terrain

I am always excited to see the standout colors of the year and projected pallets for the coming seasons. It's a great way to narrow in on new choices for the wardrobe or colorful accents around the home. My past color stories have involved the bright 2012 favorite, tangerine tango, and the naturally soft margarita moss, but this time I'm focusing on cobalt blue, a deeper more moody color. The shade always reminds me of precious gems with a royal touch, smooth satins, and warming velvet. Since the closet isn't the only place that should enjoy this luxe color, I've pulled together some home accents that offer a twist on this fashionable color. Dotted throughout the home and mixed into the wardrobe, this color is a welcome shift from the standard reds and golds of the season.

A few more cobalt picks:

6 comments:

  1. I love those Oscar de la Renta earrings.....wow. And I love that you found some cobalt pieces for the home, I think it's a classic color that adds a lot of personality to a space. Thanks for these picks!

    Kate
    Something Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue dress is beautiful! It's such a classic color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your cobalt picks. Great color to add everywhere as we head into fall/winter. Also! I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite colors! I love the coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really beautiful color, I want a pair of pants in cobalt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cobalt is my mom's favorite shade of blue and it is a very pretty color! great cobalt finds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.