Monday, November 26, 2012

Driftwood and pine table

Most of the holidays are spent at my family's house entertaining a pretty large group of aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. While my goal is to host every holiday at my future (and hopefully large) house to be, I've turned to taking over the decor of the evening in the meantime. I treat theses family tables like I do with any dinner setup and hunt for the best accents to fit the theme. This year I opted for an alpine garden feel...if that combo exists in real life I would like to know about it. Fresh branches of pine, stacked driftwood, an abundance of candles, and flowers that gathered at one end to create a cascading feel graced the Thanksgiving table along with china and silver place settings. The colors remained neutral, only accented with the deep green of the branches and pops of white and light green in the roses. With the lights dimmed, the expansive table gave of a soft glow and the familiar holiday scent of pine, along with a whimsical take on a mountain garden.




5 comments:

  1. Table looks beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I really hope you had a fantastic time last week! Have a lovely week!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely exquisite!! I love the use of driftwood. I am so glad I saw this post in time for my Christmas Party planning. xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.