Monday, December 31, 2012

Apartment living: The living room

Clockwise from top right: Deer head, Coffee table, Candles, Glass pillar, Gold match holder, Sequin pillow, Ikat pillow, Delirium coasters, Branch side table, Wing chair, Rug, Couch

Of course the moment we moved into our new apartment I was already visualizing the floor plan and the decor/design that would grace the interior. Since I love sharing home styling tips I thought it would be fun to document the design of our new LA home. Unfortunately the boxes from Ann Arbor are still in transit, but that doesn't mean I can't dream up and plan out the style I would like to live with. Since it's the the eve of a new year I think a fresh take on the home is the perfect way to kick off 2013. For the living room I'm working with a setting that is a pretty traditional old Hollywood look. Tile fireplace, dark wood, and hardwood floors set the scene so the new look can't be overly modern, so grey tones mixed with a textured rug, warm candlelit glow, a touch of metal, and unique wall art are my inspiration for this room. I'm throwing in yellow and gold for a bit of color, but didn't want to overwhelm the grown up scene with an overly bright shade. The slightly whimsical room, set off by a plaster deer head is full of conversation pieces, from a tree inspired side table to elegantly scrolled and shocking coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.