Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Honey cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes
If it's a hard veggie I will roast it. The technique is my go-to preparation for any dinner party, potluck, or just a weekend dinner for two. The high temperature and seasoned cubes of food result in a toasty brown caramelized flavor. Not only are roasted veggies a meal in themselves, but the comforting flavor and aroma always reminds me of the holidays. For a girls holiday party I opted to roast sweet potatoes, but rather than going the standard salt and pepper route I mixed in cinnamon and honey. The house filled with a toasty spiced scent and the diced bits of sweet and savory potato barely made it out of the house to the party.
4-5 diced sweet potatoes
1 tbls honey
2 tsp cinnamon
salt and pepper
1. Peel and dice sweet potatoes into similar sized cubes.
2. drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper
3. Toss with hands until each cube is coated
4. Drizzle honey over potatoes then use a spoon to coat evenly.
5. Lay flat on a baking sheet and back for 20 min at 425 degrees