Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inspired by with Heather


Last week I had the opportunity to attend a lecture all about personal and professional branding. Even though I was there on behalf of the company I'm currently employed with, I just knew that I would pick up some valuable information that I could also apply to my photography business [which is not my full time job...yet.]. I know this is a popular topic covered by many, but my reason for this post is not to tell you "how to" but simply to share what I've learned and perhaps start a discussion on the topic.

The speaker, a professional branding coach, had this bubbly, warm, excited-to-be-with-you kind of attitude. So of course she made a positive first impression, but hey, that's her thing, right? She shared some tips on how to begin the branding process by defining your vision, purpose, goals and values, with an emphasis on answering the tough question, "What makes you unique and different from the rest?" She also pointed out that it's good to have those that know you help in answering this question.  So my goal for the upcoming weekend is to talk with those around me and have them share a few words that come to mind when they think of my business. I think this is a great step in figuring out what sets me apart from others in my industry.

I know that many of you are entrepreneurs - bloggers, designers, photographers, consultants and so on. Even if you don't have your own business, you can still have your own personal brand  - something that defines YOU. I'd love to chat and hear your thoughts and ideas. You can find me on twitter @hmnphotographer or simply leave a comment below! As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to go to a seminar like this! Thanks for sharing your insights.
    xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.