Friday, March 1, 2013

Life lately

Eames chairs outside of LACMA
It's an incredibly overused statement, but I can't believe how fast this week went. Last night Paul and I sat down to dinner and practically melted into our seats only to stay there for a few hours too long...there may have been wine involved. However, I'm excited for the pace to continue this weekend as I plan to spend as much time outside enjoying the warm weather. While the days become full with pre-work planning, nine to five action, and post-work events I'm finding it harder and harder to balance the blog with the everyday routine. This week welcomed a new series called "Places to go, people to see", a feature that I am so excited to blend into the regular schedule of lifestyle, recipe, and photo-based topics, but something that needs the same attention as my other posts. I often look back on articles from a year even a few months ago and try to regain a sense of that dedication to my brand and where it's going, but with weeks like these it feels like it's resting firmly on the back-burner. This blog will always represent that creative outlet that leads to outside collaboration and lifestyle topics for discussion, but how does that juggle help move my blog and the enjoyment it brings to you as the readers to another level? These photo recaps are one of the best ways I can connect with my content after a long week and give a peek into the time spent away from the screen. Whether it is a new dining spot, weekend traditions, or a day spent exploring the neighborhood, these are moments that make me excited to share in this space. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on blog and daily life juggling, your thoughts on building a brand on the side (see Heather's post for some good insight), or just a note of advice. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

The most decadent oreo cookie

A view from the top of the Santa Monica Mountains

Reinstating the tradition of appetizer nights in our home

1 comment:

  1. Holy Friday, I'm so glad you're here! Hope the weekend is wonderful and restorative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.