Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Monochrome: black

Necklace / Sweater / Shorts / Shoes / Bag
The other day I went into my closet to get dressed and didn't feel inspired by any of the patterns or color combinations I saw hanging in front of me. A pop of yellow, grey polka dots, denim blue, and bright red are a few of the options I have when it comes to putting together an outfit, but some days it's only one color that gets me excited about my look. Monochrome dances the line between boring and sleek and has the ability to outshine the brightest or most color coordinated outfits out there. This type of dressing also portrays that subtle chic I find so intriguing. An all white suit that's impeccably tailored is a dream look I'm hoping to invest in one day, but while white may not be plentiful in my closet, I do have a lot of black. The shade always looks interesting and can be dressed up or dressed down with the change of a few accessories, like a bold silver necklace and delicate ankle strap shoes. After playing around with a few of my own black pieces I pulled together an outfit that made me feel polished and stylish without one little pattern or bright hue to outshine the look.

1 comment:

  1. I love an all black outfit in the summer, although the 90 degree temperatures usually hold me back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.