Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A naturally glittering holiday table

Clockwise from upper right: runner / ceramic spoon / glitter spoon / platter / napkins / bread board / glass / bowl
Last weekend I made the mistake of going to Home Goods just to peruse the aisles. A cart full of holiday decor later I found myself pulling out unnecessary items while waiting in the checkout aisle...because who needs a bundle of red and green glitter branches. I did convince myself to hold onto several items that I plan on using for my holiday table this year and I've already begun envisioning the color scheme. Lately I've been drawn to minimal decor like rustic fabrics, white candles, and recycled glass, but I don't want to miss out on getting that cozy feeling in my home this season. To hold onto the clean feeling I'm planning on pairing natural materials with shimmery silver and metallics to recreate the luxe feel that a bit of glitter brings. The natural fabrics and wood keep the look from being too kitschy and makes it easier to actually live with the decor in your house pre and post holiday. This look also relies heavily on textures, so woven linen napkins, smooth ceramic, and petrified wood give a great balance of rough and soft when used together.

1 comment:

  1. I made the mistake of going to Home Goods last weekend too - sooo many gorgeous holiday things! I was so overwhelmed that I ended up buying nothing, but I'm swooning over your glittery holiday color-scheme. May have to go back and pick up some twinkly items for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.