Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The playful pony with Dove Haircare


Image source

I'm teaming up with Dove again to talk about healthy hair. Last time I sang the praises of that second day curl that just can't be achieved with pristine and clean hair, but this time I'm sharing my favorite quick 'do, the playful ponytail. I have a dirty little secret that is slightly embarrassing, but well worth sharing, it's that I really don't brush my hair as I style it. One big blowout and the following looks are either slept in (stylishly of course) or quickly pulled together with my hands. By doing this I have overcome years of forcing, polishing, or combing my hair into a smooth and bump free ponytail. Embracing the effortless one-swipe grab always seem to result in the perfect pony. Here is a look at my recent playful pony on Instagram. The trick is to pull it up in one movement by running hands along the sides of your head with the thumbs along your neck. Gather everything in the back of your head, positioning the elastic in the middle and not too high up. Loosely rake the top part, but only pass through once or twice, then pull from the bottom while tightening the elastic. Since the look is meant to be messy the hair needs to be glossy and moisturized. After testing the Dove Haircare line for my wave, I found that it made my messy ponytail look just as healthy with the right amount of texture to give it an edge. To win a sample of the Dove Haircare line to create your own stylish looks click here. For a quick update on the look, wrap the tail into a bun and secure with bobby pins or spiral bobby pins. Rake hands through the top of the head pulling forward every now and then to create a little height. Mist with a little hairspray and the look goes from work to dinner.

My version of the playful pony


Dove understands that having beautiful, healthy-looking hair gives you the confidence to feel your best. Whether your hair is dry or damaged, Dove has a tailor-made solution for your hair care needs. After just one wash hair is shiny, healthy-looking and full of life. Thanks to Dove, you can look and feel beautiful from the inside out.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Dove via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dove

3 comments:

  1. I love how the pony turned out. Every time I give this a try, it doesn't work, it either looks too messy or too clean.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like this looks beautiful on everyone else...and like I took a nap with my hair up and never rebrushed it, when I wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this pony and its easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts. Make sure to check back for responses to your questions too.